Gmail is one of the best free email service but it has some limitation of storage capacity, if you are running an online business and receive bulk of emails on daily basis then you have to buy more storage capacity from Google or you can Import your Gmail account to MS Outlook 2013 and store all emails on your PC. Below are easy steps which guides you How to Add Your Gmail Account to Outlook 2013 Using IMAP:
How to Add Your Gmail Account to Outlook 2013 Using IMAP
- The first thing you need to do is to sign up into your Gmail account and then go to mail.
- You will be required to then click on the button located in the upper right corner of the window and go to the drop down and select settings.
- While on the settings screen, click forwarding and IMAP/POP
- Move down to the IMAP Access section and choose IMAP.
- At the bottom of the screen, click save changes
- Click on the browser to open outlook. In order to start adding your Gmail account, click the file tab
- Click add account on the account information screen
If you go to the Add Account dialog box, it is possible to choose the E-mail Account option which will automatically enable you to set up your Gmail account in Outlook. For you to do this, you will be required to enter your email address, your name and the password for your Gmail account twice. Then Click Next. But if the automatic process does not work, you need to select Manual setup instead of E-mail account. From here you will be required to click Next.
- Select POP/IMAP and click Next on the Choose Service screen
- While on the IMAP and POP Account, enter the server, user and logon information.
In the dialog box of internet E-mail, click the outgoing server tab. Click on the advanced tab and then enter the information you will get there.
- Click OK in order to accept your changes and then close the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
- The next thing is to Click Next.
- In order to test the accounts settings, you will log into the incoming mail server and it will send a test email message. After the test is finished, click Close.
- A screen saying “you are set” will pop up. You will then be required to click finish. You Gmail address will be displayed in the account list on the left together with many other addresses you added to outlook.