Digital cameras have the ability to record the date on which pictures are taken. During the transfer of these digital pictures from your camera to your computer, the date on which you took the pictures is also transferred. These dates might however fail to be accurate due to the differential time zones. This means that pictures taken in different time zones might have incorrect time recordings. Incorrect time records could also be as a result of your computer being set to the wrong dates. This could be as an error or any other reason known to the user.
On the other hand, the actual date on your digital pictures could also be affected by alterations during scanning. This is because during scanning, the dates of this process is captured and could be easily confused with the real dates on which the pictures were taken. Good news is that all these errors can be rectified and correct dates displayed on your pictures.
How to Change Date on Digital Photos
Below are the simple steps that you can follow in order to change the dates on your computer to your preferred options.
To change the date or time
- Click the Start button, then click on all programs and finally click on windows photo gallery.
- On the side of the window, you will be able to see Info pane, but if you can’t see it click on the toolbar in order to display it.
- Select the picture that you are looking to alter the dates. In order to select multiple pictures, hold down the CTRL button and then select each picture that you want.
- At the top of the Info pane, click on the date
- There is an arrow based near the date, click on it before selecting the correct date on the calendar.
- Select and click on the time based at the top of the Info pane.
- Finally, select your preferred time on your pictures.