Are you troubled moving your mail from one Gmail account to the other? It is simple; you need not to worry about this because there is a simple and clear way to just do this. There are different ways of doing this, you can move your mails manually or you can do a similar job using Gmail alone.
How to Move Emails from One Gmail Account to Another
The following are the simple steps that you can take in order to move your mails from one account using Gmail alone.
- You need to make sure that all of your email programs or services that you already configured to download mail from your old Gmail account through POP app are closed are you set them to check mail automatically.
- You are then required to log in to that account from which you want to import your mails from.
- Next, you need to click the settings gear based on your Gmail’s toolbar.
- From the menu that pops up, look at the Settings button and select it.
- Then you will have to go and tab on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP button.
- You are required to ensure that you select `Enable POP for all ‘under POP Download. This you will of course do it irrespective of its current and under status.
You should not bother yourself to move messages to your old accounts in box so as to be picked up by the new account. All your archived mail will be picked up automatically.
When your messages are accessed with POP, you can select archive Gmail’s copy under so as to have your old account’s inbox cleared. Instead of copying your mail, you can also delete Gmail’s copy to move mail. You can as well decide to keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox or mark Gmail’s copy as read if it was indeed not read
- From here you will need to click Save Changes.
- Then, click the icon based in Gmail’s top right corner.
- Finally, you are required to Select Sign out from the menu which will appear.