How to Sync Folder with SkyDrive Windows 8— March 30, 2014
There has been an attempt from Microsoft to try and change the way its user think about windows. With new advancement, users can now be able to sync their computer settings from computer to computer. This procedure uses SkyDrive and it will sync everything including all passwords. This article will tell you How to Sync Folder with SkyDrive Windows 8 machine.
How to Sync Folder with SkyDrive Windows 8
The following is a procedure you can follow to Sync Folder with SkyDrive Windows 8 files from your SkyDrive folder to SkyDrive.com:
- You are required to download the SkyDrive Desktop application right from Microsoft’s Website.
- After successfully downloading of SkyDrive Desktop application, you’ll then click Run on the download side bar.
- Click yes so as to install the application on your Windows 8 machine.
- Allow your SkyDrive installation tool run.
- Click Get Started and then Click next.
- Decide whether you’d like to back up all folders and files or specific folders in your SkyDrive folder; then click next. Finally,
- Click Done to finish the process.
It is not necessary to enable fetch files. This is an option that usually goes out to find files on your PC. Otherwise, you can decide to skip it if you are intending to keep your usage of SkyDrive to only backup and transfer of files. From this time onwards, all files stored in the SkyDrive folder will be synced automatically to SkyDrive.com and other devices.
So as to add your files to the SkyDrive backup area, you are required to drag them all into the SkyDrive folder. Should the files you are intending to drag exceed 7GB of free online storage that is offered by Microsoft, you will be required to add more storage at SkyDrive.com.
It will be very important for you to actually remember that SkyDrive will only backup files inside the SkyDrive folder. Because of this, you have to be very careful and save all of the files you’ll be wanting to backup there. Besides the fact that these files are available on other Windows8 PCs which are logged into your Microsoft, they are also available on SkyDrive.com and other SkyDrive apps for Andoid, iPhone and Windows phones.