Nokia Lumia 1520 Review – Full Phone Specifications— March 17, 2014
With the introduction of the Nokia Lumia 1520, Nokia have come into the same level playing field with other smartphone providers.
Nokia Lumia 1520 at a glance
- The measurements of its body cover are 162.8 x 85.4 x 8.7 mm, 209g
- The display is 6″ ClearBlack IPS display of 1080p resolution, 367ppi, Gorilla Glass 2,
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800; Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM, quad-core Krait 400 at 2.2GHz,
- The operating system is an OS: Windows Phone 8 GDR3
- Camera: optical image stabilization, 20 MP, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, LED flash and PureView technology
- Video camera is fitted with 1080p @ 30fps video capture and main camera
- The storage capacity is an inbuilt 32GB with a microSD card slot that has a support of up to 64GB, 7GB SkyDrive cloud storage
- It comes with Connectivity type NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, BT 4.0 LE, WLAN (2.4/5 GHz) a/b/g/n/ac,
- The Battery is 3,400mAh containing an inbuilt wireless charging (Qi compatible)
- Misc: Nokia Camera app, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, FM Radio, built-in accelerometer
With the inclusion of windows phone, the performance of the phone has been simplified and as a result the phone can now run smoothly on a less powerful hardware. Further, this model has improved it performance by containing the latest phone update KNOWN AS gdr3 AND Nokia Black.
The screen has also been improved further by the inclusion of 1080 resolution. Other improvements done include Nokia’s ClearBlack tech; a feature that provides some of the best visibility under direct sunlight. On the part of the camera, The Nokia PureView camera is produces one of the best cameraphone experience ever witnessed.
Nokia Lumia 1520 in our office
In terms of imaging, the Nokia Lumia is in between the Lumia 1020 and the 920. It has a sensor that is bigger than most phones, but not so big that it needs a hump in order to accommodate. The resolution for this model is super sampling magic. Besides these, there is also an optical image stabilization which is an excellent display of superiority over the non-stabilized cameras fitted on competing phablets.